Last year, I wrote three different season 2 finale theories on this blog. I got sorta kinda close in one of them, but a commenter nailed the finale (which I brought into the update on the bottom before the finale aired). So that means I was an accessory to predicting it right, right?
Anyways, what started off as a slow season, has now picked up speed with the exciting Episode 11 this past week. I have two theories for the finale this coming Sunday (12/15). If you have not watched last week’s episode- SPOILER’S AHEAD. Please stop here and go watch. Now on to the theories:
Theory #1- Saul and Javadi are in cahoots
Originally this was my only theory. The reason being, it holds up sooooo well. Let’s look at the facts, without any emotion.
1) Saul’s boss was killed by a plan Javadi financed (attack on the CIA). This makes Saul the new boss.
2) Saul was conveniently not present and overseeing Abu Nazir’s burial.
3) Saul put together the plan to “turn” Javadi and take out HIS boss to put him in charge.
4) The mole theories about Saul. He failed that lie detector in Season 1. After people sit down with Saul, they conveniently kill themselves (two people so far).
5) Saul and Javadi worked together way back. They have a history of being close friends. They haven’t explained why Javadi went bad.
6) According to Shaun Toub (Javadi) the season finale “will blow your mind.” This theory would blow a lot of people’s minds.
7) Only thing I can’t put my finger on is the motive and the next steps once they both are leading (the CIA and the IRG respectively).
What do you think about this one?
Theory #2 - Brody AND Carrie End Up Prisoners
Theory 1 and 2 can happen together or not. The main idea here is that Brody and Carrie will be prisoners in Iran at the end of the season. Javadi might want to publicly execute Brody to keep his cover intact. The CIA will probably go along with that and Carrie will flip a shit and try to save him. The baby will probably come into play in the finale, I think we see Brody and Carrie in prison together.
This is a shorter theory but still plausible considering Brody’s current predicament at the end of Episode 11.
Jump in the comments and share your thoughts!
If you’ve been following me on Twitter, you will know that I have a bit of an obsession with Homeland, the hit show on Showtime. This coming Sunday is the Season 2 finale and I have a few thoughts on what may occur. I will break them down to three main theories below.
SPOILER ALERT. STOP NOW IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED LAST WEEK’S EPISODE
Theory #1- aka “The Basic Theory”
This is the tamest theory. The general idea is that Brody is a goner. Brody’s story will end on Sunday night. He has played out his purpose and is a sitting duck to Quinn’s covert operation. The end of the season has Claire and Saul as outsiders and Season 3 will deal with them trying to expose the CIA, specifically Estes as a bad guy. A good addition here would be if, in the last few scenes of Season 2, they begin the Season 3 story plotline, setting up what’s next.
Theory #2- aka “The Long Con”
This is the theory I believe is most plausible. Brody is bad. Brody and Nazir always had a Plan B if Brody were to ever get caught and this is it playing out. Few things to think about:
- Brody conveniently left out the coordinates that Roya and Abu Nazir asked him to get when he snuck into Estes office.
- We have no idea what happened when Brody was with Abu Nazir for those few hours.
- When Nazir dropped off Brody in Season 2, Episode 9 he said something to the effect, ‘if all goes well we won’t see each other again.’
- Abu Nazir is all about the long game. Remember Season 1, Episode 1. The mere fact that Brody was a turned POW-Nazir-planted leak, and had ten of his men killed so they could rescue Brody. Now giving up Roya and a bunch of muscle doesn’t seem so crazy.
- Brody is a terrific liar- even besting his polygraph.
In this theory, Abu Nazir has always been in control. He purposely had Carrie listen to him and Brody plotting and successfully killing the Vice President so that he could link them and Carrie would go to bat for Brody. Now from previews it looks like Carrie is trying to help/protect Brody. I think that there are a few ways this theory plays out.
One way- Quinn tries to kill Brody, Carrie kills Quinn first. They escape, but we find out in one of the last scenes that Brody is really bad (while Carrie doesn’t know).
Another way- Carrie figures out that Brody is bad (probably after killing Quinn- let’s face it Quinn is a goner). Carrie then kills Brody.
A third way- We find out that Brody is bad. Carrie finds out Brody is bad. Brody escapes to be the new terrorist org leader (keeps him alive for next season).
Theory #3- aka “The Mind F—k”
This last theory is ballsy. Some might look at it as a cop-out, but I see it as a real mind bender. Doesn’t it seem weird that everything is going swimmingly well for Carrie this season? She recovers and has a normal life, gets back into the CIA, ends up with Brody, assists in the killing of Abu Nazir, stops a terror attack, etc. It seems a bit dreamlike.
Imagine the last scene of the season with Carrie waking up from electroshock therapy she underwent in the finale of Season 1, and this all having been a dream. Season 3 plays out in a very different manner: Carrie struggling to get her life back to normal, etc. Mind = blown.
Anyways, I’ve spent way too much time on this. Jump into the comments to give your theories.
A fellow on twitter by the name of Ryan Jones made a good point. “S1: Nazir uses distractions to execute a larger plot. I bet all this is a distraction for larger attack. S2 ends with attack”
I agree, I think season 2 will end with an attack and we will see Nazir’s long con. Brody is bad. Attack at end of season. Carrie being so right about Brody, but yet so wrong. Powerful stuff.